You are hereContinuing Education
Continuing education is an important ingredient of a professional organization. The PCIA will partner with a number of organizations such as AORE, AEE, ACCT, PRCA, and the AMGA to offer a wide selection of continuing education options to its members that are available regionally through conferences and special course offerings.
PCIA certifications are maintained through continuing education whether that be by attending a selection of approved short modular workshops and presentations, participating in a higher level course, or attending a recertification course. The specific requirements for each certification are described within each program area.
The PCIA seeks proposals for continuing education courses from interested instructors. These may be presented on almost any technically or educationally relevant topic and may range from 1-2 hours to multiple days. Proposals are reviewed by the Educational Committee and assigned a CEH value. Sending a proposal is easy. Simply contact us and let us know what you are planning and we will quickly let you know whether credits can be given for your program.
Sample CE programs include:
- Conference workshops at AORE, AEE, CWA, WEA regional or national conferences.
- Rock rescue courses from PCIA recognized providers
- Universtiy level outdoor education classes
- Teacher training with an outdoor education focus offered at stateor national conferences
- No props team building or challenge activities that can be incorporated in to climbing programs
- Approved research in outdoor education, climbing (teaching, technique, materials use,etc.)
Download the PCIA Continuing Education Request form here.
Please contact PCIA's Education Committee to submit CE proposals.