You are herePCIA Code of Ethics
PCIA Code of Ethics
The PCIA is a voluntary, cooperative organization, and those who conform to its accepted practices are also those who benefit from the conformity of others. Each member has a stake in defining and maintaining the following expectations:
- To make field decisions in consideration of client safety, personal safety, environmental regard, and client reward.
- To place client objectives over their own.
- To stay abreast of current information, research and trends in the
- To maintain equipment personal equipment in good working order.
- To honestly represent their skills in all forms of communication.
- To represent the profession of climbing instructors and guides as highly knowledgeable, safety conscious, courteous and environmentally friendly climbers.